Resources and Mentoring “On Demand” (RaMOD)
Ever wondered what you would do about all those skills that will be lost in the coming years to retirement, but still have the systems and platforms that need to be managed, without the skills to do it? With an aging workforce and (legacy) systems still with us, it is a key risk to businesses until the problem is resolved via system replacement, transformation, or whatever.
Well at The BAG, we believe help is at hand. The Grey Pool ©Resources and Mentoring “On Demand” (RaMOD) service has been created to harness this pool of very specific skills and experience and offer it “on demand” to Businesses.
As we see it, there are 2 key issues here:
- Access to skilled and experienced consultants who are available at short notice for engagements of varying duration (short- to medium-term) and who can minimize their start-up time.
- Applications, Software and Platforms that will be in existence for some time, due to numerous factors, yet the skills and experience available to manage and maintain them on a full-time basis is diminishing, for a number of reasons (eg. Death, retirement, cost-benefit, etc).
We believe that RaMOD can solve these issues for Businesses and has been formulated to be avery flexible framework, from pricing to delivery, created to accommodate Businesses varying needs for key skills, from a pool that has the capacity to “flex”, both from a demand and price perspective and for specific needs, skills or length of engagement. This “experience pool” can be implemented to –
- Leverage a dynamic resource pool and therefore provide short- to medium-term capability for a range of skills (new and old);
- Access skills, experience and IP second to none;
- Utilise resources that are prepared to work far more flexible hours than before, from almost anywhere, if required;
- Ability to “share/cycle” the resources to minimise start-up time;
- Use these skills as Mentors for set periods of time to upskill new employees on (legacy) platforms that will need support beyond initial perceived use-by dates;
- Set repeat (short-term) assignments to validate and test the learning of new employees on the (legacy) platforms;
- Schedule specific skills to perform specific scheduled functions over the course of a year, when FTE’s cannot be justified for the effort (eg. software, hardware or application scheduled maintenance or upgrades); and
- Many other areas where a flexible workforce can be implemented.
This service gives Businesses the ability to construct a tailored workforce and pricing model that can “flex” and be available on demand to support whatever key skill-set/shortage that is lacking within a group, project, division or company and be a “partnership” between all concerned, Business, Supplier and Consultant alike.